The flagship JCA is located in the heart Mayfair; a prestigious address just a stones throw from the city’s most iconic high-fashion emporia.
A nurturing, stimulating environment is vital to the creative process. That means a well curated eco-system and an inspiring place to study.
JCA will provide access to studio space and co-working facilities to emerging freelancers, start-ups and creative companies working in Fashion and associated industries.
The curated community will be able to access specialist facilities and business support programmes whilst working from affordable studios in the heart of Mayfair.
Emerging labels will receive :
- Premium studio space on flexible, affordable terms
- Access to short course programmes, knowledge and expertise
- Specialist sampling & fabrication tools on-site
- High-growth business support programme
- Industry mentors & expertise
- 15,000 square feet of studios across 5 floors
- Beautiful architectural spaces filled with natural light
- JCA London Fashion Academy
- Open plan co-workspace with a 40 desk creative community
- 3 x 1000 sqft Creative Studio Mezzanine blocks
- Meeting and conference rooms
- World class speaker and events programme
- Free business support and training
- Library, journals and electronic resource centre
- Specialist facilities for sampling and fabrication
- 300Mb fibre throughout
• Value in-kind sponsorships from organisations offering specialists services such as lawyers, accountants, Venture Capital and access to funding to provide advice/ mentorship to incubation companies.
• Utilising existing funded programmes (at no cost to incubation) supplied by partners such as Enterprise Agency’s, Department of International Trade and SETSquared.
• Accounting and bookkeeping
• Winning a pitch
• How to secure investments
• Introduction to Intellectual Property (IP)
• Focus group discussions to assess business needs
General support with business needs and referrals
• Quarterly – Networking and get-together events, the idea is that it is an informal setting for the companies and students to meet and connect over refreshments.
• Annual – ‘Market Place’ organised to create visibility of new enterprising students and for incubation companies to gain exposure to wider industry professionals, practitioners, established SMEs and local organisations. The event will also facilitate the process of sharing knowledge and interacting with potential employer freelancing opportunities.
The JCA incubator aims to nurture entrepreneurs and help them develop professionally; accelerate their business growth and success, and decrease the likelihood of failure.
The programme is established to nurture entrepreneurs and businesses during their early months or years. It will offer affordable space, shared offices and services, hand-on management training, marketing support and, often, access to some form of financing.